Thursday, February 08, 2007

Why I Don't Wear A Suit


Many People have tried through the years to get me to wear a suit for one reason or another and even mocked me for not owning one on several occasions. When I became a pastor and was working in full time ministery the scorn grew.
Mark Cuban, crazy owner of the Dallas Mavericks, has a great blog with a list of reasons why he does not own a suit. I could not have said it better myself.
May I add the following:
- Neck ties look too much like nooses.
- We fight over wearing uniforms to school and yet adults do it everyday in the work place.
- "Sheepal"
- Not everyone looks good in a suit
- People should be comfortable when they work. Especially at a job they really dont like.
- Suits make you look like a certain type of person. Not everyone is that type of person. I want to look like me.
Link to Cuban Article

No comments: